Power Supply Filter H 7021
The interferences are discharged to earth.
Highest effectiveness can be achieved if the filter is installed directly at the 48 V power supply.
- Connection : 2.5 Square mm directly on the device terminals, combined wires on terminals of mm. 10 square mm
- Height over mounting rail : approx. 100mm
- Electric strength against earth : 250 V
- Max. permissible operation voltage: 48 VAC /60 VDC
- Power consumption: 3.0 mA at 48 VDC
- Ambient conditions : -25.. .+70 °C
Mounting the H 7021 into Zone 2 (EG guideline 94191EG, ATEX)
The device is suitable for mounting into zone 2. The corresponding Declaration of Conformity is added on the following page.
For this mounting the following mentioned special conditions have to be regarded.
Special conditions X for safety-related application
1. The power supply filter H 7021 must be mounted, for securing the category 3G, in an enclosure, which fulfils the requirements of the EN 60079-15 with the type of protection at least IP 54, according to EN 60529.
2. This enclosure must be labelled with
"Working permitted only in the de-energized state"
If it is assured that there exists no explosive atmosphere working under voltage is also permitted.
3. The used enclosure must be able to dissipate safely the generated heat. The power dissipation of the power supply filter H 7021 is 250 mW max.
4. The following items of the standards
- VDE 0170/0171 part 16, DIN EN 60079-15: 2004-5
- VDE 0165 part 1, DIN EN 60079-14: 1998-08
must be regarded:
- DIN EN 60079-1 5:
- Chapter 5 Design
- Chapter 6 Terminals and cabling
- Chapter 7 Air and creeping distances
- Chapter 14 Connectors
- DIN EN 60079-14:
- Chapter 5.2.3 Equipment for use in zone 2
- Chapter 9.3 Cabling for zones 1 and 2
- Chapter 12.2 Equipment for zones 1 and 2