Power Surge - Power Surge Filter
POWERWARE THE POD, Portable Surge Power Filter
The POD consists of a base unit, surge protected and filtered input module with six power outlets. Other modules can be attached to the base unit to extend its capabilities.
- 6 AC Outlets
- Two outlets with extra spacing to accommodate plug packs
- 22kA aggregate surge protection rating
- Accessory protection via plug-in modules - up to three modules per side (total of six)
- Users can add on modules to meet changing requirements
- Highest quality plug connections for a lifetime of use
- Wall mountable
- 5 year full replacement warranty
- Australian Design Award Winner 2001
The base unit consists of a moulded case assembly with a power cord, circuit breaker, six power outlets and two 'through' connector systems (one at each end) for the add-on modules. Surge protection is fitted in the form of 14mm MOV devices between Active, Neutral and Earth. This gives the 13kA surge rating from Active to Neutral and 9kA to Earth. The MOV's are fused from the incoming Active line via a fuse to protect the user from MOV failure. Indicators are provided to show 'Power Available' and 'Protection Fault, Replace Unit'.
The maximum combined power load of the base module is 10 Amps continuous.