Anderson Power Products (APP), distributed in Australia and New Zealand by Soanar - Electronic Component & Supply Chain Solutions introduces PowerMod HP (high power) connectors designed for high safety and easy assembly.
APP is a world-leading designer and manufacturer of interconnect solutions.
The new APP PowerMod HP connectors feature touch-safe female housings, integral positive latches and cable strain relief to provide safety and enable ease of connector assembly, establishing a new standard for cost effective, high power connectors.
Rated at 125 amps at a 30ºC temperature rise, APP PowerMod HP connectors may be used in appropriate applications to 175 amps. The product accommodates American wire sizes from #6 to #2 AWG and metric wires from 16 to 35mm².
These connectors use APP’s patented Sterling contact technology that offers low electrical resistance, provides a minimum of 500 mating cycles and are rated for circuit interruption (true hot-plug).
Key features of APP PowerMod HP connectors:
- Unique latching system with distinct blue buttons for clear identification offers superior safety and ergonomics
- IP 20 rated (touch safe) for user safety
- Integral coding key allows the user to configure unique mating of up to 6 individual connectors
- Innovative cable strain relief kit encompassing all applicable wire sizes available as a product option for additional reliability
- Available in straight, right angle, panel mount, blind mate and bus bar styles
- 210 to 450 amps UL rating
- Touch safe female connectors
- Polarised dual pole connectors with optional hex key
- Low connector mating forces
- Silver plated, high conductivity contacts
Key benefits of APP PowerMod HP connectors:
- Integral latches with ergonomic release provide over 50 lbs retention
- Flexibility serves a broad range of electronics applications
- IP20 protection for safe, energised use outside the electronics cabinet
- Dual pole housings prevent shorting from reverse mating
- Optional hex key allows the user to create unique mating schemes
- Reduces risk of wire insulation creep and transmission of wire loads to contacts, improving service life
- Connectors are easily mated and unmated
- Offers greater longevity for high-power, elevated temperature applications
- Intuitive design allows for simple assembly