Numerous PEM Machines are already installed throughout Europe and underline our promise: The one who works with a PEM Machine achieves a unique dimension of precision and profitability.
How PEM assures these promisses in all details, you can experience best by becoming a PEMCustomer
The PEM – technology is an electrochemical sink erosion procedure with vibrating electrode. A pulsed direct current is applied between electrode and work piece. The work piece is anodic dissolved according to the geometry of the retracting electrode. This results in complex geometrical structures in almost any metals such as tempered steel, ball bearing steel, and alloyed steels. PEM opens up applications which could not yet be produced or not be manufactured economically.
- No electrode tool wear caused by the machining process
- An infinite amount of components can be produced using a single electrode.
- No heat is applied to the work piece
- Existing material properties are unaffected.
- Micro – fractures are not created.
- Extended component life in the case of tools can be expected.
- No white layers
- Reworking of work pieces is not required.
- High feed rates up to 0.5mm/min are possible irrespective of the surface area of cavity!
- Surface qualities of the electrodes are duplicated!
- Roughness up to Ra 0.05µm is possible as well as different surface finish on adjoining surfaces.
- No mechanical stresses applied to the work piece
- Relatively thin-walled structures can be machined.
- Magnetic attributes of the work pieces are not affected