This is why sudden excess or suction pressure inside the silo must be dealt with instantly. Even though ideally a VHS Pressure Relief Valve should never have to go into action, it must be efficient and reliable if needed.
VHS Pressure Relief Valves consist of a cylindrically shaped body with flanged connection spigot to the silo, an exhaust outlet spout for duct connection, an elastic diaphragm able to re-establish pressure balance instantaneously, a counterweight kit to keep the valve closed under normal conditions, and a weather protection cover.
The counterweight-loaded VHS-type Pressure Relief Valve has one decisive advantage over the other pressure relief valve. Due to the moment of inertia of the helical springs on the standard pressure relief valve, pressure balance is re-established extremely quickly but not instantaneously.
The VHS, on the other hand, does the job in real time. Through an interplay of pressure on different surface areas on both sides of a diaphragm fitted inside the valve housing, perfect pressure balance is achieved. In the event of excess pressure this interaction enables air from inside the silo to flow back into the atmosphere; in case of suction pressure the air penetrates from the atmosphere into the silo.
Performance and technical features – benefits
- Vertical spigot made from carbon steel (VHS2731C), painted RAL 7001 (silver-grey) or in 304 stainless steel
- Body diameter 273mm (10 inc.);
- Exhaust outlet spout for connection with centralised suction system;
- Weight: 8 kg (18 lbs);
- Equipped for inductive signalling sensors;
- Small number of components;
- Conveyed emissions;
- Counterweight system never in contact with dust;
- Diaphragm and conveying pipe developed with specific geometry and innovative materials;
- Self cleaning conveying pipe
- Body and cover made from engineering polymer;
- Special properties of diaphragm and elbow prevent clogging, as well as formation of material crusts.
Options and accessories
- ATEX-certified version for zone 21
- Man Hole
- Inductive sensors
- Bird net
- Setting kit
For catalogues and other useful information visit inquip.com.au
Contact Inquip today to discuss your requirements.