The PDS-842 has 4 I/O expansion slots, while PDS-882 has 8 I/O expansion slots that can be used to attach various 2- or 4-port serial communication modules. Therefore, a maximum of 16 serial ports can be installed on the PDS-842 or a maximum of 32 serial ports can be installed on the PDS-882.
The PDS-842 and PDS-882 provides 2 Ethernet ports, which can be used to implement redundant Ethernet communication and separate Ethernet communication (one for global Internet, one for private Ethernet).
The PDS-8x2 series contains a built-in operating system, the Linux, which offers a stable and high performance environment with the added benefit of no virus problems and a small footprint. Furthermore, the PDS-8x2 series is designed for low power consumption, maintenance elimination (no hard disk and no fan), and is constructed from fire retardant materials (UL94-V0 level) with a robust case.
Features of Programmable Device Server with I/O Expansion Slot -- PDS-8x2:
- Linux kernel 2.6
- Standard PDS-8x2 SDK for Windows and Linux operating systems
- Incorporate Serial Devices in an Ethernet network
- "Virtual COM" extends PC COM ports
- VxComm Driver for Windows NT 4.0, 2000/XP/2003 and Vista32
- Programmable Internet/Ethernet Controller
- Watchdog Timer suitable for use in harsh environments
- Dual-LAN, 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet
- Power Reverse Polarity Protection
- DB-9 RS-232 console port
- Support Protocol :CAN Bus Network, SNMP
- ESD Protection and Frame Ground Design
- Low power consumption
- Made from fire retardant materials (UL94-V0 Level)