Achieve outstanding application performance on Intel processors using Intel C++ Compiler for Windows, including support for the latest Intel multi-core processors along with existing Intel processors and architectures.
For out-of-the-box productivity, the Compiler plugs into the Microsoft Visual Studio development environment for IA-32 and features a preview plug-in to the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET environment.
The C++ Compiler enables OS kernel development for devices running on Intel Personal Internet Client Architecture (Intel PCA) using Windows CE .NET.
Features and Benefits
Intel C++ Compiler for Windows accelerates your software development, shortens your configuration time and improves your software performance while preserving your development investment. The compiler also provides these benefits:
- Support for Intel multi-core processors along with existing Intel processors and architectures.
- Advanced optimization features for the latest Intel processors help deliver outstanding application performance.
- Cross-architecture compatibility with IA-32 Microsoft Visual C++, Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 code and Microsoft Visual C++ .NET.
- Advanced optimization features for the latest Intel processors to help deliver outstanding application performance.
- Plugs into Microsoft Visual Studio development environment for IA-32 and features a preview plug-in to the Microsoft Visual Studio .NET environment.
- Allows manipulation of the stack for efficient execution of floating-point (FP) instructions with the Intel C++ Compiler on IA-32.
- Improves application performance dramatically by using the Interprocedural Optimization (IPO) in programs containing many small- or medium-sized functions that are used frequently, especially for programs that contain calls within loops.
- Takes advantage of the processor microarchitecture by more effectively using instruction paging and cache memory. Makes better branch predictions with Profile Guided Optimization (PGO) by reducing instruction-cache thrashing, reorganizing code layout, shrinking code size and reducing branch mispredictions.
- Increases development efficiency, reduces defects, and increases application performance with the Compiler Code-Coverage Tool.
- Supports IA-32 with processor dispatch and Streaming Single Instruction Multiple Data (SIMD) Extensions 3, and parallelizes IA-32 code automatically to maximize underlying processor capabilities with the automatic vectorizer.
- Supports Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel EM64T).
- Uses execution with predicated instructions to completely remove branches from program sequences, resulting in larger basic code blocks and eliminating associated mispredict penalties.
- Improves code for Intel Itanium 2 microarchitecture using branch instruction, speculation and software pipelining.
- Supports multithreading applications with OpenMP* API version 2.0 and auto-parallelization.
- Produces ANSI C/C++ and ISO C/C++ standards compatible software.
- Supports the Intel Debugger.