The Prolac S pump is a sanitary centrifugal pump that meets the highest sanitary requirements for use in the food-processing and pharmaceutical industries.
Some of its uses include processes in the brewing, dairies and beverage industries in general, and with the appropriate options it can also be used in complex applications such as evaporators, concentrators, distillation towers, decanting of syrups, and purified-water loops in the pharmaceutical industry.
Operating principle of PROLAC S Centrifugal Pump
Housed inside the casing, the impeller rotates in conjunction with the pump shaft .With this arrangement, the impeller blades convey energy to the fluid in the form of kinetic energy and pressure energy.
This pump is not reversible by simple reversal of the direction of rotation. The direction of rotation is clockwise when the pump is viewed from the rear side of the motor.
Design and features of PROLAC S Centrifugal Pump
- Casing manufactured with cold-formed plate.
- DIN connections (standard).
- Open impeller manufactured with stainless steel investment casting technology.
- Sanitary mechanical seal.
- Pump certified according to 3A sanitary standards.
- Very robust stainless steel cast lantern.
- IEC B5 motors (B14 for S-15, B35 motors T.200, 225, 250 and B3 for close-coupled models), IP55, F-class insulation.
- Pump support from AISI 304.
- Parts in contact with pumped media - AISI 316L
- Other parts in stainless steel - AISI 304
- Gaskets (standard) - EPDM (FDA)
- Mechanical seal (standard) - St.St./C/EPDM
- Inside surface finishing - Ra < 0.8 µm.
- Outside surface finishing - Mirror polished
Options of PROLAC S Centrifugal Pump
- Bare-shaft construction for models S-35, S-38, S-70, and S-80.
- Mechanical seals in SiC/C, SiC/SiC or TgC/SiC.
- Cooled or double mechanical seal.
- Gaskets in FPM (Viton®) and PTFE.
- Ra<0,4 surface finishing.
- Self-priming casing.
- Heating chamber.
- Drainage connection.
- Connections: Clamp, SMS, RJT, etc.
- Motors with additional protection.
- Trolley and/or Switchboard.