Containment barriers provide effective and immediate stormwater protection in the event of a spill. Water filled barriers are designed as emergency or temporary bunding for drains or grates and their advantage over sand barriers is they are easily stored in a small space. A water filled barrier however may be slower to install and can sometimes be more difficult to reposition than sand barriers. Water filled barriers form physical barriers to:
- protect stormwater drains
- contain spills on factory floors
- protect drains inside factories
- prevent rainwater from entering an area
The water filled barrier is a non-absorbent barrier used to contain or divert oil, fuel or chemical spills.
- Simple to use
- Use one or several water filled spill barriers to confine and divert spills
- PVC covered barriers are easily cleaned and reused
- Manufactured from 650gsm PVC which is resistant to most oils and chemicals
- Bright yellow outer cover provides high visibility
- Water weight prevents the barrier from moving and helps seal the barrier against irregular concrete or bitumen
- Use one or more barriers overlapped (with joiner) to contain larger or widely-spread spills
- PVC is easy to repair if damaged
Shipping weight: 4kg non-filled
Shipping dimensions: 400 x 20 cm
Smaller 2m PVC water filled barriers are also available.
Australian Made and Owned
The early stages of a spill clean up are the most critical. Global Spill Control’s containment barriers safely control, contain and prevent spills from entering stormwater or drainage systems.