Queensland Rail engaged MIPAC to upgrade their diesel-electric locomotive test console at Redbank.
The upgraded facility has been in faultless operation since early 2008 and has enabled Queensland Rail to:
- gather an expanded range of process parameter data for reporting purposes to higher management
- improve overall testing flexibility
- achieve consistency of test results, and
- maximise utilisation of the plant.
The added facility to allow the selection of ZTR-equipped locomotives has expanded the range of rollingstock static load testing able to be performed at Redbank.
The project entailed:
- Analysis of existing engineering documentation and the 'as-building' documenting of existing plant
- Production of an overall engineering solution to industry best practice and QR requirements
- Production of new engineering drawings and documentation
- Expansion of the existing PLC and SCADA system to incorporate the new functionality
- Modification of existing plant to Queensland Rail requirements
- Engagement and supervision of site electrical contractor
- Modification and commissioning of existing plant and control panels with zero loss of facility throughput
- Production of updated functional specification documentation
- Operator training on the new facilities.