The 1.75 in. QDB is filled with C.I.Agent®*, a proprietary blend of USDA food grade polymers, which encapsulate and solidify hydrocarbons upon contact.
As a spill containment device, C.I.Agent® QDB is ideal for spills in calm waters such as marinas, harbors, and retention ponds. The QDB is capable of capturing sheen by simply dragging it across the water. On land spills, the QDB is an excellent tool to protect storm drains from fuel spills that result from auto accidents and for sheen removal from monitoring wells for underground storage tanks.
The outer skin is made of white (or black) spun-bound mesh and filled with C.I.Agent® Granules. The QDB is capable of containing over 300 gallons of diesel fuel. Because of its light-weight and flexibility, one person can deploy the QDB unassisted.
- C.I.Agent® polishes sheen and is reusable until the loose polymers inside become solid.
- Simply rinse the QDB and hang it up to dry.
- C.I.Agent® QDB will not drip or leach hydrocarbons.
- The C.I.Agent® QDB can be disposed of in most landfills.**
- Eliminates the “Cradle to Grave Liability” and the costs associated with hazardous waste disposal.
C.I.Agent® QDB is available in standard lengths of 12, 25, 50, and 100 ft. As with all C.I.Agent Solutions’® products, custom sizes are available upon customer request.
* C.I.Agent® is listed on the EPA National Contingency Plan Product Schedule as a “Solidifier” for use on oil spills in the navigable waters of the United States.
**Always check with Local, State, and Federal Regulations prior to disposal.