Application in Vehicle Control
These systems are used in the areas of automation and R&D as well as – in series production – railway vehicles. The use of DEUTA sensors means maximum flexibility and safety for vehicle control.
Single-channel Doppler Radar
The patented algorithm for assessing instantaneous velocity was specially optimised for applications such as traction control and measuring at high rates of acceleration. These are the conditions encountered, for example, in Metro applications (Mass transit).
The dual-channel Doppler Radar uses special dual-beam algorithms to analyse the Doppler signals. These are optimised for high accuracy and a velocity measuring range of up to 600 km/h. The information is transmitted in data packages via a serial RS485 interface. The protocol is adapted for particular customer requirements and contains information on the evaluation status of the Doppler signals. Parameters derived from the speed, such as distance and acceleration are provided there.
Robust design for long operating lives
With its integrated protective hood,the housing increases operating life when the unit is subjected to the impact of stones, as well as increasing availability in winter conditions. This is the recommended solution for high speed trains with ETCS-/ERTMS systems.
If it is not possible to mount the unit into the cladding of the underbody, an optional protective cover (tested up to 400 km/h) can be mounted.
DRS 05/1S1 a Radar Sensor
- Working principle: Doppler radar, Dual antenna system
- Speed range: 0.2 to max. 600 km/h
- Statistical errors (1s) <0.4 km/h (v <100 km/h) <0.4 % (v >100 km/h)
- Error due to variation of the underground: <1 % typical 3 % max.
- Dynamic error øV = 0.65 km/h at a = 1 m/s1
- Path measurement reproducibility: (1s) <0.1% from 1000 m distance
- Power supply: 24 VDC < UE <110 VDC
- Power consumption: Max. 10 W
- Standard interface: RS 485 2-wire or RS 232
- Forward/Backwards recognition: Yes (info output via serial interface)
- Inverse polarity protection/short-circuit-proof: Yes / yes
- Operating temperature: -40° C to +70° C
- Dimensions Approx: 481 x 214 x 140 (LxWxH) (each without device socket and mating plug)
- Distance to the reflection surface: 500 to 1000 mm
- Housing material: Aluminium cast anodised, cover PEEK
- Protection class: IP67 (with plug and cable)
- Weight Approx.: 5.1 kg (without plug and cable)
- Design antenna: Intermediate transmission frequency 24.125 GHz, transmission power 5 mW per antenna PLL-stabilised transceiver in planar technology frequency within the K-band freely programmable DRS 05/1S1a