Features and Benefits of the Eaton Hydre-MAC Radial Piston Motor:
- The new heavyweight champion features a cam lobe design enabling variable speed applications that use less energy to deliver more power when needed.
- Eaton Hydre-MAC aims to increase component life with two inlet and outlet ports reducing pressure drops at high power by generating less heat overall, and through a symmetrical 18 piston/roller assembly design. This eliminates the piston side-loading and reduces wear and tear.
- Longer component life extends motor life, which not only increases uptime, but reduces the total lifetime cost of ownership.
- The motor was built on the same principals as the now discontinued Hägglunds Marathon motor and was developed in partnership with MacTaggart Scott.
- Ideal for offshore, marine, metal recovery, mining, pulp and paper and off-highway stationary applications, the motor serves as a direct replacement for the Marathon motor, the industry's most installed motor, eliminating the need to replace the machine shaft and torque arm and maximising uptime.