6 Features to look for when selecting a radial pole magnetic chuck:
- Direct Pull: RED-I-GRIP round magnetic chucks generate up to 16kg/sq cm of direct pull
- Reliable ON/OFF switch: This ensures long term use of the chuck. Red-I- Grip chucks have a reliable switch system and can be partially switched on to cover those jobs where full grip is not necessary.
- Sealed against coolant: Chucks should always be completely sealed against coolant and di-electric fluid to ensure safety when used on EDM equipment.
- Grip: A chuck should have a strong grip so the grip diameter can be increased by using horizontal pole extensions. The use of vertical pole extensions should also allow the chuck to be used on jobs without a flat grip surface.
- Centre Hole: If provided, allows non-magnetic plugs to be used to accurately centre jobs. Chucks without centre holes can be machined after mounting, so centre hole is concentric with machine spindle axis.
- The radial pole chuck should be able to be mounted on lathes, grinders or any machine where extra powerful grip is needed.