The RLX-FHS operates in the license-free 2.4 GHz ISM band and can be used throughout the world with no site licenses or monthly leased line/wireless service fees.
The RLX-FHS is designed to operate in high interference environments by combining advanced frequency hopping and digital signal processing technology with outstanding receiver sensitivity and antenna diversity. This combination results in exceptional noise and interference rejection.
Multiple device networks can be designed to share the same RF network (channel) allowing different protocols to share a common repeater. Remote RLX-FHS can be programmed to operate as store and forward repeaters to extend network range.
The RLX-FHS operates in point-to-point, point-multipoint or peer-to-peer modes. Addressable multi-drop RS-485 operation is built into the module. The RF output levels are user-configurable and 32 data channels allow multiple networks to operate in the same area.
Ease of Use
The Windows-based graphical user interface makes the RLX-FHS easy to install and operate. Troubleshooting is simplified with remote diagnostics and an extensive context-sensitive online help system. The RadioLinx Startup Guide gets your wireless Serial modems installed and communicating in 5 easy steps. Our Application Connection Guides make connecting your wireless modems to network devices quick and easy.
A low latency switch enabled by the user with the Setup software can be used for industrial protocols such as DF1, to provide faster response times and a reduction in latency.
- Up to 1000 addressed devices with 2000 radios and 78 repeaters per network.
- 32 user-selectable data channels for multiple network operation.
- Dual transmit and receive antenna support for maximum performance, networking flexibility, and reliability.
General Specifications of RadioLinx - Wireless Serial Modem:
General specifications include:
- 2.4 GHz frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS) technology
- Intelligent routing of DF1, DNP 3.0 and Modbus messages
- Secure wireless communications with data encryption, proprietary radio protocol, and 2.4 GHz FHSS physical layer
- Industrial temperature range
- Compact, rugged DIN rail mountable
- Automatic antenna diversity
- Up to 16 mile range with high-gain antennas (longer with repeaters)
- Remote diagnostics
Network Architecture Security
The RLX-FHS uses a proprietary RF protocol and 158 unique hopping patterns to prevent unwarranted interception of RadioLinx data transmission.
Hardware Based Encryption
Data is encrypted in the RadioLinx hardware using proven algorithms and 40 or 128-bit encryption keys. Encrypted data never reaches another device, eliminating the means most often used to crack the encryption key and decipher data.
Applications of RadioLinx - Wireless Serial Modem:
The RadioLinx RLX-FHS wireless radio modem provides the ultimate in performance and reliability.
The RLX-FHS provides integrated support for Modbus ASCII, Modbus RTU, DF1 and ASCII protocols and supports your industrial application?s RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 serial interfaces.
The RLX-FHS is the ideal solution for:
- Distributed I/O
- Industrial Automation
- Oil and Gas Field Monitoring
- Water and Wastewater
- Real-time access to remote, difficult to reach, and/or mobile data
For further information about RadioLinx - Wireless Serial Modem visit Prosoft Technology at http://www.prosoft-technology.com
Use the IndustrySearch e-mail feature below and one of the Prosoft Technology team will respond to your enquiry directly.
Where Automation Connects