Rail Industry Training Basic Courses | Basic Rolling Stock
Much attention is given to rolling stock (the locomotives, carriages and infrastructure that supports them) by the general public and the rail enthusiast.
The signalling specialist often gives this area insufficient regard. This course provides a basic examination of the broad types of rolling stock used and sets the groundwork for the more technical Advanced Rolling Stock course.
About this course
This course is a basic course which means it develops core knowledge about various types of rolling stock and the infrastructure to support them ¡X all to a basic level.
Who should do this course?
This course is suitable for anyone employed in the rail industry in a technical or nontechnical role or a rail enthusiast wishing to learn more about rolling stock. This course is a pre-requisite to some other basic courses and to some advanced courses. Refer to other course descriptors.
What is in this course?
- Railroad Cars
- Specialised Trains and Cars
- Rolling Stock Infrastructure
At the conclusion of this course you should be able to:
- Explain the terminology for rolling stock
- Identify and explain the purpose of railway track components
- Ascertain major components of rolling stock and explain their function
- Recognise different types of locomotives
- Name different types of trains and cars
- Identify specialist type railways cars
- Describe rolling stock infrastructure
What is the duration of the course?
- This course should take at least 3 hours, especially if all web links are researched.
How much does the course cost?
- Refer to web site for current offers
Are external activities required?
- Apart from a number of links to external web support materials, there are no extra requirements
How will the participant be assessed?
- Participants will have progressive tests imbedded into the learning material and a final test at the end.
What is the outcome of the assessment?
- Participants that complete all course activities and the assessments will receive a Certificate of Achievement