Why test for Campylobacter?
The pathogen is recognised by food safety regulators as one of the most important contaminants of food.
Campylobacter is the leading bacterial cause of human gastroenteritis. Campylobacter infections can be fatal.
Low infective dose: as few as 500 Campylobacter cells can cause sickness.
A wide range of foods and production environments have been found to harbor Campylobacter. The pathogen has been found in milk, poultry, pork, lamb, beef, seafood, mushrooms and water.
TECRA’s new rapid test method makes testing for Campylobacter simple, fast, accurate, reliable and economical.
- Results in 42 hours
- 48 or 96 well ELISA format
- All reagents provided
- Detects 1 - 5 cfu/25 gram sample
- Single step aerobic enrichment; no microaerophilic incubation
- Specially formulated enrichment media; no blood-containing media
- Swabbing products available for use with this kit
- Food & Beverage Manufacturing
- Food Testing Laboratories