Rare Earth Magnets are strong permanent magnets made from alloys of rare earth elements. They are one of the strongest types of permanent magnets made and produce significantly stronger magnetic fields than other types such as ferrite or alnico magnets.
They are extremely brittle vulnerable to corrosion, which is why they are usually coated or plated to protect them from breaking and chipping.
Magnet Sales Australia work with many manufacturers, incorporating Rare Earth elements in components and machines, for the supply of both common and special custom shapes, sizes, and designs.
MSA's RE60 rare earth pot magnets are available in a large range of types and sizes, as listed below:
- A Series: CSK Countersunk Centre Holes
- B Series: Straight Hole
- C Series: Male Thread
- D Series: Female Threaded Boss
- E Series: Complete with Hook.
Current uses for RE60 Pot Magnets include:
- Holding temporary safety or advisory flags on railways or industrial sites,
- Concreting applications where reo off-cuts need removing before a slab is poured
- Keeping doors open or closed (everything from refrigerators and cold room doors to horse floats!)
- Exhibition displays,
- Document holding on office or factory walls,
- Switch actuating,
- Cable hanging,
- Stringline tie downs on building sites,
- Sign holding,
- Retrieving boring tooling,
- The list will never end!
After a non-standard size? Call us for your custom magnets, made to order!