Manufacturing organisations require raw materials in order to make the finished product ... sure that's a pretty rudimentary statement.
A requirement that should be relatively simple to fulfil — or so you'd think. Having worked with manufacturing companies over the past 27 years, we have been confronted time and time again with a lack of visibility between 'Procurement' and 'Production Scheduling'.
Scalable's Dynamics AX solution for manufacturing solves this problem with full integration between the processing of purchases against procurement contracts and master planning for production. It offers:
- Full integration of all aspects of the Supply Chain in one solution
- Control with flexibility to allow increased agility in satisfying production demand
- One version of the truth available from one source of data , available to everyone
With Commodity Procurement for Manufacturing, Dynamics AX provides seamless visibility between the shop floor and the purchasing/procurement office. Now department managers can access accurate and up to date information online without having to rely on pieces of paper, manual data manipulation and spreadsheets.
When a supplier's order or delivery is altered for any reason, all interested parties can see the information and react in real time.
Commodity Procurement for Manufacturing can help you achieve:
- High Visibility:
- By procurement team and factory production requirements.
- By production planners, inventory and pending procurement shipments.
- Help minimise risk by hedging physical contracts with futures contracts - blanket hedge or link specific contracts.
- Track Contracts through the full life cycle from booking to invoicing.
- Time saving contract recording and administration.
- Trades in any currency; financials in your home currency.
- Multiple units of measure: metric tonnes, short tons, bushels, litres, pounds & ounces, carat etc.
- Compare contracts with daily market prices for mark to market valuations.
- Contract spreads over different delivery periods.
- Quality based price and weight adjustments
- Workflow rules for contract approval, shipping documents.
- Advanced logistics with site scheduling, movement instructions and load movement.
- Make adjustments to production orders from within the Gantt table.
- Sort sequences that may be applied from within the Gantt table to work-centre tasks requiring scheduling.
Find out more: