REFLO SYNTHETIC 68A is specifically formulated to outperform straight polyalphaolefin refrigeration compressor fluids by offering better seal performance, while maintaining excellent foam control and deposit formations.
The result is a refrigeration compressor fluid that offers reliable, long-term performance with the potential for significant operational cost savings as part of a proper maintenance system
Superior Performance Benefits
- Extreme low temperature performance
- REFLO SYNTHETIC 68A is completely wax free and can operate at temperatures well below conventional mineral oils.
- Excellent operation at low evaporator temperatures.
- None of the wax deposit problems associated with paraffinics when used at very low temperatures.
- Lower oil volatility reduces fluid consumption and maintenance costs
- Significantly less volatile than solvent refined paraffinics or naphthenics at high emperatures
- Results in less oil carryover to the refrigeration system’s low temperature side
- Lower oil carryover also reduces plugging and deposit formation in evaporators, which helps to lower maintenance costs.
- Lower solubility in ammonia improves system efficiency and performance
- REFLO SYNTHETIC 68A is less soluble in ammonia refrigerant than solvent refined paraffinics and naphthenics
- Less ammonia is absorbed into the compressor fluid, which can reduce gas entrainment in separator tanks and increase system efficiency
- Lower concentrations of ammonia in the fluid allows it to maintain viscosity, so it lubricates better, reducing wear
- Less compressor fluid is absorbed into the ammonia, reducing the potential for fluid to block piping, valves and filters
- Lower concentration of compressor fluid n the ammonia also helps to maintain refrigerant purity, improving system efficiency and performance • Superior thermal and oxidation stability extends fluid life, which helps to reduce maintenance costs and downtime
- Resistance to oxidative and thermal breakdown guards against oil thickening, deposit and sludge formation
- Helps to keep the compressor, heat exchanger and expansion valves operating at their design efficiency and performance standards
Extends fluid life, even in the presence of impurities in the ammonia refrigerant, helping to save on downtime and change-out costs Applications REFLO SYNTHETIC 68A is formulated to lubricate ammonia refrigeration compressors used in large commercial operations such as cold stores, marine ystems and food processing plants; specifically blast freezers that have very low evaporator temperatures. REFLO SYNTHETIC 68A is also used in manufacturing industries that require very low temperature control, such as pharmaceuticals and microelectronics. REFLO SYNTHETIC 68A can be used in ammonia refrigeration systems where evaporator temperatures are greater than -51°C (-60°F).*