The CORCON System
The CORCON system was refined using finite element analysis to withstand rotational movement and deflection forces, both under construction and for the life of the structures.
Participating in this technical revolution, you will not only benefit from saving in time, concrete and steel resources but create a stronger, more earthquake resistant slab, resulting in stronger building.
- Total Construct Cost Saving is about 20% !
- Reusable and 100 percent recyclable:
- Corrugated sheets, 10 – 20 times, or more
- Beams – in excess of 20 times
- Brackets – 100 times or more
- All components can be ordered separately.
- Design made for multilevel factories, warehousing, commercial offices, and multi-storey residential and multi-level parking stations.
- The resulting slab is much stronger and more earthquake resistant than any equivalent system. (CORCON specimen distinctly displayed a superior behaviour over the other specimens in a concrete slab system seismicity test by Melbourne University during 2002-2003)
- CSIRO First level fire-resistant standard.
- A Sound Transmission Class (STC) of 49 was derived for the specimen from the sound transmission loss values above, in accordance with the procedure specified in AS 1276-1979 CSIRO Division of Building
- No screw and hook connection needed.
- No special skills, tools or equipment needed.
- Lightweight steel mould is easy to handle, setting up is quick & repetitive.
- Savings on concrete 30% to 50%+. Savings on steel reinforcement 30% to 80%.
- 500 m2 of forms weigh less than 13 tonnes, and can easily be transported in a 6 m container.
- A Sound Transmission Class (STC) of 49 (the average is 45) was derived for the specimen from CSIRO sound transmission loss values test
- Completely fire-resistant
- CORCON provides clear energy advantages over alternative slab systems with minimum savings of 20% embodied energy and savings of over 2 kg of CO2 gas emission/m2 of slab