They are circuit elements whose resistance increases with increasing temperature in a predictable manner. RTDs are ideally suited to applications which require high accuracy and stability.
The sensors are constructed in a unique strain-free manner, and use only high quality RTD elements. Ceramic wire-wound elements, flat film technology elements or military spec anti-vibration elements are used as per customer’s requirement to ensure the most suitable specification is supplied.
The main advantages of Pyrosales' RTDs include:
- High accuracy/precise measurement
- High signal-to-noise output, which increases the accuracy of data transmission and permits greater distances between the sensor and the measuring equipment
- Physical and chemical stability over a wide temperature range
- Standardisation (elements are available to meet or exceed the requirements of various standardisation agencies)
- Wide temperature operating range
- High temperature operating range
- Linear over wide operating range
- Interchangeability over wide range
- Repeatability even after long exposure to temperatures within the operating range