Having an inner and an outer ribbon, the outer ribbon feeding to the centre, a consistent even mix can be achieved without extensive blending knowledge.
Our sizes range from small laboratory size blenders of 10-20L, to 2000L. As a general rule, it isn’t recommended to mix more than 2000L at a time, unless the product is very bulky, as extended mix times are encountered.
Items to consider when you require:
- Materials of Construction – all stainless steel and what grade, or only stainless steel contact parts.
- Lid Design – full size opening, part fixed/part opening, incorporation of dust extraction hood on fixed section.
- Safety Grids – safety grids allow ingredients to be added while blender is operating – these can include a sieve for screening or foreign material.
- Gland Design – Teflon braid stuffing box glands are standard design. These are also available so they can be split and completely removed from the blender for thorough cleaning. Air purge option ensure positive pressure to minimise applicable to abrasive problem products.
- Outlets – Blenders are usually fitted with a butterfly valve, 50? or 300?, or a slide gate for minimal dead leg of product.
- Temperature Control – Jackets can be fitted to blenders in which to control the mixing temperature.
- Liquid Additions – Spray bars can be fitted in which to evenly add liquid ingredients.