Single Step Treatment
Unlike conventional wastewater treatment systems that require multiple chemical additions throughout the process, RM-10® is applied in a single application.
Baldwin's line of products are a range of clay based powder chemicals which remove emulsified oil, heavy metals, phosphates and suspended solids from wastewater with a one tank, one chemical process.
The RM-10® chemicals are composed of minerals, inorganic and organic acids, bases and polymers blended into complex and carefully controlled formulations.
How RM-10® Treatment Works
Step 1: The acidic component becomes active, reducing the pH and breaking oily emulsions.
Step 2: Cationic polymers attract the oil and some of the sparingly soluble negatively charged species such as phosphates.
Step 3: The basic component becomes active, raising the pH high enough for removal of metals, which form insoluble hydroxide precipitates.
Step 4: Heavy metals remaining in solution exchange with the sodium on the clay and bond to the clay by electrostatic force.
Step 5: The reacted mass becomes permanently encapsulated by the clay particles leaving clear water, and a non-leachable sludge.
Benefits Of RM -10 Chemicals For Waste Water Treatment
Safe & Simple
Chemical handling and storage facilities are minimised; only one non-toxic chemical is required as opposed to three or more using conventional wastewater treatment.
The micro-encapsulation process, in most cases, creates a sludge that is non-leachable and can be disposed of directly to non-hazardous landfill. Sludge volumes are minimised as the clay base retains no chemically held water.
Various designs and configurations enable efficient and economical treatment of most industrial wastewater applications.
- Small moulded "Busta" units are for treating 300-500 litres per day.They are manual and economic.
- Semi-Automatic units require minimal operator time and are available in painted mild steel construction and ideal for treating 750-1000 litres per hour.
- Fully automatic units are PLC controlled and of stainless steel construction. Treatment rates range from 1000 litres per hour up to 10,000 litres per hour and can continually treat without operator attention 24 hours a day.
Stocks are always on hand for all consuma bles, including chemicals and filter media.
Applications of RM -10 Chemicals For Waste Water Treatment
Typical proven applications include:
- Paint manufacturing - W ash waters
- Corrugators - ink and glue water
- Vibratory de-burring
- Metal working coolants
- Equipment washdown
- Parts washing
- Phosphate removal