The instrument features flexible pushbutton calibration and programming. All settings and calibration scaling is carried out via pushbuttons. The real time clock monitor has a selection of display options. The clock may be set to display in 24 or 12 hour format.
User selectable display formats are:
- ours.Mins e.g. 14.22
- ays e.g. 364
- ay.Month e.g. 07.11
- onth.Day e.g. 11.07
Clock synchronisation may be via internal clock chip, 50Hz or 60Hz mains synchronisation or optional GPS satellite transmission. The clock circuitry is backed up by battery which means that, in the case of power failure, the time does not need to be reset when power is re-applied to the display.
Two alarm relays are provided as standard. Optional outputs include extra relays or serial communications. In ”hours.minutes” mode up up to 32 alarm times can be set.
The user selects which alarm relay will operate for each setpoint, which days of the week the setpoint will be valid and the duration of the alarm activation i.e. the length of time (must be less than one day) for which the relay will activate when it sees a valid alarm time.
The RM4-RTC can be set up with other RM4-RTC instruments or their panel meter (PM4-RTC) or large digit display (LD-RTC) equivalents to be a master or slave clock when used with the serial communications option.
For example the RM4-RTC could be housed in a convenient site for adjustment and used as a master clock controlling large digit displays mounted high on a wall.
An external input is configurable to perform one of various functions e.g. Two level brightness switching, setpoint only access or security lockout. Electrical isolation between power supply and retransmission eliminates grounding and common mode voltage problems.
Features of RM4-RTC Real Time Clock:
- Battery backed clock circuit
- Versatile display modes
- Can be used as a master or slave clock when optional serial communications installed
- 240V, 110V, 48V, 42V, 32V, 24VAC, or 12 to 48VDC (factory configured)
- Two alarm/control relay outputs (5A)with visual indication of relay state via annunciator LEDs
- Up to 32 setpoint times can be programmed in “hours.minutes” display mode.
- Remote inputs for reset and to perform special functions including display hold, peak hold, high memory, low memory, brightness level switching, reset (zero), grand total reset or rate/total display toggle
- 5 digit LED display and relay/alarm status LEDs
- Isolation between input signal, output and supply
- Programmable display brightness
- Auto dim feature conserves power
- Rugged aluminium DIN rail mount housing
- 2 year guarantee