Quick Product Info
- Robust & long life Design
- Designed for Foremost or U.D.R -KL
- Designed for 8 wheel truck
- All spare parts are readily available
AIRDRILL ROD HANDLING SYSTEMS
Airdrill has the capability's of installing matching rod handling systems, such as Foremost and U.D.R - KL, with rod storage trucks or trailers.
Main Chassis Base Frame
Fabricated to suit and rigidly mounted to customer supplied 8 wheel truck.
Brackets and main pivot bushes for central pivot mounting of the Rod Cradle.
High tensile Rod Cradle main pivot pins.
Guide plates for the Rod Cradle.
Rod Cradle hydraulic tilt cylinder lower mounting arms and pins.
4 x heavy duty long stroke stabilising jacks with fixed square load bearing feet and dual pilot safety check valves.
Swing arm at rear of assembly containing all hydraulic controls and providing a mounting point for remote auxiliary rod loader control if required.
2 x hammer oil drip trays complete with drain taps located at either end of the assembly.
Drill Rod Cradle
- Fabricated framework to support and retain up to 108, 4 ½" x 6 metre RC drill rods (648 metre's) stacked in 6 layers x 18 rods across.
- 200 x 200 x 9 RHS main pivot beams with central pivot bushes.
- Hinged side retaining gates with stabilising arms for locking in the open position.
- 2 x hydraulic tilt cylinders and counterbalance valves.
- Mounting brackets and pins for the hydraulic tilt cylinders.
- 50 x 10 flat bar spacers for separation of each layer of drill rods.
- Retaining brackets for storage of unused and spare flat bar spacers.
- Chain tie down points for securing drill rods during transportation.
- Fold away stabilising arm used to brace the support arm assembly when in the folded up position.
- Slide out walkway on rollers with fold up safety handrail.
Indexing / Support Arm Assembly
- Support arms spaced at minimum 4 metre's apart.
- The support arms will be fitted with adjustable drill rod stops at their ends to allow precise adjustment of the pick-up position without the need to maneuver the entire rod truck or the rig.
- 2 x support arm raise/lower hydraulic cylinders, pins and counterbalance valves.
- Indexing system consisting of two specially profiled plates, connected via a timing shaft, mounted into two self centering bearing housings, allowing each individual drill rod to be either rolled out of the rod cradle onto the support arms or back into the rod cradle for storage.
- Hydraulic cylinder and pins for rotation of the indexing plates.
- 2 x telescopic raise/lower jacks, which move the indexing system and support arm assembly up and down to access each individual layer of drill rods.
- The telescopic raise/lower jacks would come complete with hydraulic cylinders, pins and counterbalance valves.
- PTO for the customer supplied carrier and hydraulic pump delivering 10 Gpm (35 Lpm)
- 180 litre hydraulic oil tank fabricated from 6mm plate to avoid cracking.
- 70 Lpm return filter, level gauge, filler breather and shut off tap for hydraulic oil tank.
- Hydraulic cylinders, counterbalance valves and pilot check valves as mentioned above.
- Full set of directional spool valves controlling all functions of the Rod Handling Truck mounted on the swing arm at the rear of the assembly.
- The hydraulic system will contain 3 x 3-way directional valves, linked by one common lever, to select between PTO hydraulic oil supply and Rig hydraulic oil supply. This method will isolate the two hydraulic systems and will prevent oil from transferring from one to the other.
- Flat faced quick connect couplings for connection to the Rig's hydraulic system.