There are safety valves fitted to main fold cylinders that in the event of a fractured or blown hydraulic hose during folding or unfolding, the wing roller will stay in the position it was when the problem occurred. This means the hose will need to be fixed or mended to shift the wing, as the safety valve takes over and holds it until the problem is rectified.
The roller drums have bung plugs but do not need water or fluid filling for normal operation. Water will make rollers drag more on soft soil.
Features of the Elephant Roller Machine:
- Most machines for rolling have 2 rollers behind the centre roller which are trailing with a hinge point so they are individual.
- The main feature of this machine is the steering of the wing rollers to track behind (folded) or out (unfolded).
- The folding is all controlled from the tractor seat.
- The over head tow frame hitched to the lead roller close to the tractor keeps the machine length to a minimum when in transport position.
- The height of the frame above the rollers is for clearance on undulating surfaces.