Bradford Agricon consists of a glasswool blanket adhered to a coloured polyweave facing. The blanket is manufactured by spinning molten glass, containing up to 65% recycled content, into fine wool like fibres. These are bonded together using a thermosetting resin.
The Polyweave facing is adhered to one face and extends 300mm beyond one longitudinal edge of the blanket. The product can be identified by its golden appearance and the coloured Polyweave facing.
Agricon Roofing Blanket is designed to provide efficient thermal insulation and condensation control under metal deck, fibrous cement and concrete roofs in agricultural and animal husbandry buildings. The Polyweave is designed to allow the washing down of the surface over time.
Typical applications include:
- Chicken hatcheries
Agricon blanket is supplied with facing overlap of 300mm designed to prevent ingress of water from wash down provided the Agricon blanket is sufficiently supported by safety mesh. High pressure washing must be directed away from the overlap. For additional prevention of water ingress taping of joints should be carried out.
Features and benefits
- Studies have shown benefits to productivity and reduced stress for animals housed in insulated buildings
- Lightweight insulation blanket
- Reduces noise through buildings
- Reduces overall building energy usage
- Helps prevent condensation
- Reduces rain noise
- Can be custom cut to required length to reduce waste and installation time
- Non combustible
Made from Biosoluble formulation