Application of Rotary Displacement Pumps - Forrers
The KSB Forrers Rotary Displacement pump is suitable for handling highly viscous liquids and is mainly used in the sugar industry for the following applications.
- Other highly viscous liquids
Benefits of Rotary Displacement Pumps - Forrers
- Simplicity of design provides for reliable delivery even with highly viscous massecuites.
- Ellipsoidal rotor with scraper principle, the key to keeping maintenance to a minimum.
- Low operating speed is ideal for viscous sugar materials containing crystals such as massecuite, keeping crystal breakdown to an absolute minimum.
- Heavy-Duty rotor shaft is supported by outrigger bearings on each side of the pump, eliminating any overhung loads, reducing deflection and keeping gland leakage to a minimum.
- Standard replaceable stainless steel liners.
- Optional mechanical seals eliminate leakage.
- Easily accessible for maintenance.
- Amply dimensioned connections reduce pressure loss.
- Excellent price/performance ratio.
- High quality, well-proven materials of construction.
The pumps have also proven themselves in overseas markets with pumps operating in sugar mills in Fiji, Hawaii,Kenya and South East Asia. KSB Forrers production is now based in the KSB Tottenham manufacturing plant, where units are assembled with a variety of drives including inline foot mounted gear motors, in accordance with KSB’s ISO9001 accreditation.
Rotary Displacement Pumps - Forrers Operating Data - 50 Hz
- Pump sizes - 8" & 11"
- Flow - up to 40 m3/hr
- Temperature - up to 50-80°C
- Speed - up to 50 rpm
- Pressure - up to 75 psi (5.2bar)
For more information on Rotary Displacement Pumps - Forrers, please click here.