The RSA Automatic Bag Splitter is made up of a splitting unit consisting of a trough that encloses an extra-heavy-duty splitting screw complete with an appropriate gear motor and of a screening unit consisting of a horizontal cylindrically shaped rotating screen also complete with a drive unit.
On top of the screening unit a suitable fan-operated dust collector can be integrated. Alternatively the RSA is supplied with connecting spigots for a central de-dusting unit.
The RSA Automatic Bag Splitter is used for splitting and emptying of single or multiple layer bags made from paper, polyethylene, polyethylene-lined paper, interwoven plastic, or polyethylene-lined interwoven plastic.
The bags are loaded manually or via belt conveyor into the inlet which is covered by a dust collecting hood. The bags drop from the belt on an extra-heavy-duty shaftless screw.
Thin bags will burst open just through the impact. Bags with multiple layers or those made of elastic plastic material are pulled in by the slowly turning screw and ripped open through a scissor effect between screw and trough. This effect is increased due to a replaceable panel with integrated cutters applied to the inside of the trough.
As it cuts them open the screw conveys the broken bags and their content into the revolving screen. Interwoven plastic bags are cut open by a multiple cutting disc kit mounted on top of the inlet port. The bag contents fall through the screen mesh into a collecting device mounted on the outlet of the machine.
Through rotation and a slight vibration of the screen (due to its patented design) the bags are completely emptied. Paddles applied inside the screen drum repeatedly lift up the empty bags. In this manner the bags are liberated from remaining material. The inclination of the paddles helps the bags move towards the screen outlet where they drop into the built-on COM-type bag compactor (see COM).
Performance & Technical Features - Benefits
- Construction material: Carbon steel, 304 L / 316 L stainless steel
- Compact and robust design
- Available with dust collector or pre-equipped for centralized de-dusting system
- Rotary vibrating screen completely in stainless steel with different size screen mesh
- Machine consists of a small number of components (only few spare parts required)
- Easy access to all parts
- Low operating noise level due to use of SINT® engineering polymers
- Easy and quick replacement of filter elements
- Able to handle bags of different sizes without machine adjustment
- Low product retention rate
- Favourable price-performance ratio
Options & Accessories
- Additional rotary cutting blade system for interwoven bags
- Bag inlet protection hood
- Bag feed belt conveyor
- Bag contents collecting screw conveyor
- Completely pre-wired on-board junction box
- Adjustable chassis
- Connecting accessories for installation of COM-type Waste Bag Compactor