This can also be used instead of traditional double battening or non structural screed.
This system has been developed for use on any concrete or timber floor. It significantly reduces labour costs, leaves ample room for services and far exceeds building regulations for impact noise reduction.
- Generally used with 50x50mm battens
- Plywood is generally used on top of battens
- Available in two base sizes 38mm and 10mm
- Allow for around 6 batten fixers per m²
- Batten a floor in half the time
- Significantly decreases impact andairborne noise to meet build reg
- No messy wet screed or costly drying out times
- Allows services to pass easily (or to add new services in the future)
- Floor is floating so no need for drilling and nailing
- "Squeaks and creaks" eliminated
Using EasyFix flooring systems with timber joists or attics:
- Using the floor batten system on joist floors gives all the advantages as above
- Main advantages are the significant reduction in impact noise and capability to carry services without having to notch and weaken the support joists
- Lay fixers andbattens onto plywood