Bridgestone Rubber Underlay range is designed to provide support and resilience for the carpet, improved acoustic quality and underfoot comfort for the user.
85% of the product is made of natural rubber, It is biodegradable has low toxicity, with no toxic material used and water usage is minimal.
Airstep rubber underlays are manufactured using natural rubber from rubber plantations in Indonesia, which are a renewable and sustainable resource, limestone and baking soda.
All Airstep underlays have a Textron Kraft paper surface to give added strength and smoothness to the carpeted surface, they contain no CFC’s, are low VOC, meeting “Green Label Plus” requirements and are fibre free, making them suitable for people who suffer from allergies.
Has a Heavy Commercial rating, making it suitable for areas receiving a high volume of foot traffic. Prime is a dense rubber product which allows the easy movement of wheeled traffic such as wheelchairs, trolleys and castors and its resistance to compression protects the carpet against carpet stretching and delamination.
Has all the properties of Prime with the added security of ignition resistance to meet changes to the Building Code of Australia in May 2006.
Ideal for general domestic applications, residential units, flats and hospitality accommodation. Allows extra air to circulate and prevent dampness building up. Suitable to use with underfloor heating. Available in:
- Supa Blue
- Black Comfort
Issues of Concern?
- “Firecheck”, as a fire retardant underlay, contains 1.3% Antimony Trioxide. As a result of the Antimony and Bromide compound, Firecheck should not be burnt as may liberate toxic gases.
- There is “some evidence” of carcinogen in animal testing of the Bromide compound, but, as in this case, when bound into the rubber compound at the concentration involved, it is unlikely to have health imacts in use.
- Standard rubber underlays.
Australian and other Standards:
- ISO 14001: 1996
- Rubber Underlay: AS 4288 -2003 “Heavy Commercial” rating.
- ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA
To Know More about Rubber Underlay / Bridgestone Please click here