The demand for memory has increased due to:
- Use of advanced engineering tools to reduce programming cost
- Increased functionality of CPUs
- Increased machine complexity
As a result of this requirement, the on board memory has been increased across the S7-300 range, up to twice that of the current CPUs.
Benefits of 300 CPU memory:
Increased on board memory allows customers to be less conservative with memory and utilize more advanced tools to greatly reduce the engineering requirement and increase the performance of the overall system.
Increased memory allows:
- Use of advanced engineering tools - S7-Graph, CFC, Process Diagnostics
- Flexible machine concepts - Simplified networking with Component Based Automation
- More complex plants and machines to be easily engineered
Pricing of 300 CPU memory:
The increased memory for the CPUs results in a substantially better price performance ratio as the pricing for the S7-300 CPUs remains unchanged. There will be a pricing increase to certain CPUs (313, 314, ET200S CPU) when sold together with the larger micro memory card required to fully utilize the increased onboard memory.
For more information on 300 CPU memory, please click here.