Who should attend:
This course is designed for persons who are required to work or organise work at heights and incorporates theoretical and practical applications. The course can be customised to suit varying client requirements, practical validation and assessment of the following skills is available:
- Working on roof
- Working on structures
- Emergency contingency
- Rescue planning
- Course introduction and enrolment.
- Definitions of working at height.
- Relevant legislation.
- Case studies of unsafe work at height analysed.
- Your sites specific height work tasks analysed.
- Risk assessment and hazard control.
- How to select the correct equipment.
- How to inspect equipment for condition/safety.
- Introduction to fall protection equipment including harnesses, lanyards, anchor points and your own equipment.
- Harnesses, anchor points and your own equipment.
- Fall arrest devices and rescue equipment identified.
- Working with ladders and roofs.
- How to inspect equipment for damage/suitability.
- Unsuitable equipment is displayed and analysed.
- Course documentation is provided and completed correctly.
- Practical exercises performed in varying locations.
Practical and theoretical and application based assessments.
When: As required
Where: On your site or at our training facilities
Duration: 1 or 2 day courses available
Class Size: 1 to 15 persons