The common myth about Armco is that it is a certain strength barrier which can't be bettered. In actual fact, 'Armco' was merely a brand name, and could be applied to even the weakest steel barrier - misleading some people who may have thought they'd purchased the industry leader.
A-SAFE's Armco Barrier is a heavy duty barrier that protects against impact from large workplace vehicles and forklift trucks. It's a product that comes in traditional grey, rather than A-SAFE's usual yellow and, unlike steel barriers, flexes upon impact so it does not tear up from the floor.
Over a five year period the carbon footprint of 100m of A-SAFE Armco Barrier is 4.5X less than the carbon footprint of an equal length steel Armco barrier.
- Hygienic: It has the approval of food contact and all the iFlex products are wipe clean without any ingress points.
- No painting: A-Safe products do not need any kind of repainting.
- Memory: iFlex barrier has its own built-in memory which flexes upon impact and doesn’t crumple or dent and doesn’t return to its original shape without absorbing energy.
- Modular: Interlocking and linking together are the two features of the A-Safe system. They are flexible with changing and adapting parts in case it is needed.
- Memaplex – Not plastic: Memaplex is a material that has been developed by A-Safe and all the products of A-Safe have been developed from it. It provides a lot of flexibility, strength and has many absorption properties.
- Creates enormous maintenance savings
- Does not require any kind of repainting even on impacts.
- Permanent return on investment.