A reliable and valid measurement of safety climate offers immense advantages:
- It can overcome the limitations of traditional safety measures such as lost time accident rates and accident investigation reports.
- Survey results can be easily integrated with health and safety performance reporting.
- Safety climate surveys assist to focus safety efforts on problematic areas.
- A safety climate survey offers a valuable tool for identifying the trend of an organisation’s safety performance as well as establishing safety benchmarks.
- Safebound's Safety Climate Survey costs much less money and time than other safety measures.
- Safety climate is associated with safety practices, accidents, unsafe behavior and is a "leading indicator" of safety performance.