The valve block systems on the tapping point and on the sampling bottle have an EHEDG diaphragm sealing system made from FDA-compliant materials. Due to the multi-way solution, this system is both sterilisable and autoclave-capable.
The valve body is made from stainless steel (1.4435 or 1.4435 with a ferrite content under 0.5 per cent), glass or stainless steel can be used as the bottle material.
The bottles can either be provided separately or supplied as an overall package (stainless steel bottle 1.4404, Schott Duran Pressure plus glass bottle). The maximum capacity in the GEMÜ sampling bottle system is 1000 ml. As standard, the seals are made from PTFE, EPDM or FEP; other materials are available on request.
As standard, the valve bodies enable the following functions:
- Pneumatic or manual operator
- Sampling connection and CIP/SIP inlet
- Bottle filling
- CIP/SIP outlet
- Vent hole
Due to the flexibility in the design of GEMÜ block systems, these functions can be offered with different geometries. Other functions can also be integrated on request.
- The complete sampling path can be sterilised easily before sampling
- Microbiologically flawless sampling via a closed system
- Connection to existing lines can be easily implemented
- Compact and variable due to multi-port valve block solution with various forms of construction
- Certified EHEDG diaphragm sealing system
- FDA-compliant materials
- Nominal sizes: DN 4 - DN 15
- Connections: Clamp, butt weld spigot, hose barb, others on request
- Seat sizes: MG8
- Body materials: 1.4435 (multi-port valve), glass (bottle), others on request
- Media temperature: max. 150 °C (dependent on medium wetted materials)
- Operating pressure: Up to 10 bar (please observe manufacturer's note concerning glass bottle)
- Seal materials: PTFE, EPDM, FEP, others on request
- Surface finish/electropolish: Down to 0.4 μm