Before buying a Pivotel mobile satellite phone, you should verify your eligibility for a Satellite Mobile Phone Subsidy which is available to approved applicants who live, work or operate a business in an area not served by the terrestrial GSM networks.
The Government's Satellite Phone Subsidy Scheme (Scheme) is available to residents of all states and territories. Changes to the eligibilty criteria of the Subsidy scheme were made in June 2006, these changes have been incorporated into the summary below.
It is important to note that the application for the Subsidy needs to be made before purchase of your Pivotel mobile satellite phone.
Enquire today to see if you are eligible and you could save up to 85%*, that's up to $1000* in savings
The Satellite Phone Subsidy Scheme at a glance
- Eligible consumers to whom the Subsidy can be provided include individuals, small businesses, community groups, not-for-profit organisations, Indigenous corporations and volunteer emergency services. The Scheme applies to terrestrial, maritime and aviation users who meet the eligibility criteria.
- You may apply for one subsidy per person or a maximum of two Subsidies per organisation or business.
- You may be eligible for a subsidy of 85% of the cost of the phone (up to max. of $1000) if you live outside of or operate a business outside of cellular coverage.
- You may be eligible for a subsidy of 50% of the cost of the phone (up to max. of $700) if you do not live or operate a business outside of cellular coverage but will spend a minimum of 120 days per year for a minimum of 2 years from the date of purchase, outside of cellular coverage.
- The Subsidy applies to purchases of a satellite mobile phone through a registered dealer. The Subsidy is paid to dealers, who deduct it from the retail price of the phone to consumers.
- Your application must be approved prior to your purchase. The Subsidy will not be paid for a satellite mobile phone purchased before your application for the Subsidy is approved.
For further subsidy information please visit The Satellite Phone Subsidy Scheme or contact the Administrator on freecall (free from a fixed phone) 1800 674 058 or emailprint_mail_to_link('satphone','dbcde.gov.au'); email@example.com .
*Saving based on approval of the satellite phone subsidy. see The Satellite Subsidy Scheme website for complete details.