The SCALANCE X408-2 Modular Industrial Ethernet Switch will increase the range of the SCALANCE X-400 modular Industrial Ethernet switches. It has eight integrated Ethernet Twisted Pair interfaces, of which 4 are Gigabit ports (10/100/1000Mbit/s) for the design of powerful and redundant network structures in backbone applications.
The SCALANCE X-400 product line includes modular Industrial Ethernet switches for use in high-performance networks. Depending on the application, the Industrial Ethernet switches can be expanded with different media modules. 100 Mbit/s and 1000Mbit/s technologies are supported for different transmission media (twisted pair, fibre optic).
SCALANCE X-400 Industrial Ethernet switches feature high flexibility due to their modular design and Gigabit Ethernet, as well as the ability of integration in Higher level Enterprise networks through modern IT features.Product Features and Benefits of SCALANCE X408-2 Modular Industrial Ethernet Switch:
Performance of SCALANCE X408-2 Modular Industrial Ethernet Switch:
The SCALANCE X408-2 switch has a robust space-saving basic housing with 4 integrated Gigabit Ethernet twisted-pair ports (10, 100 or 1000 Mbit/s) and 4 integrated Fast Ethernet twisted-pair ports (10, 100 Mbit/s).
The Gigabit twisted-pair ports (10, 100 or 1000 Mbit/s) can be converted to optical 100Mbit/s FO or 1000Mbit/s FO ports by means of the media modules already available for SCALANCE X414-3E. For this purpose the X408-2 has two universal module slots which can be equipped either with SCALANCE X-400 Fast Ethernet or with Gigabit Ethernet media modules for multimode or single-mode FOCs.
The Fast Ethernet twisted-pair ports are equipped with industry-compatible holding flanges, which, together with the IE FC RJ45 Plug, ensure permanent and reliable data communication.
SCALANCE X408-2 has the following interfaces:
- Redundant 24 VDC voltage for protection against voltage failure
- Galvanically isolated contact for fault signalling
- Console port (serial RS232 port) for on-site parameterization/diagnostics and for firmware updating
- C-PLUG for easy device replacement (included in scope of supply)
The mechanical design of the X-400 is compatible with the compact SIMATIC S7-300 format for space-saving mounting in switchboards or panels. The unit is mounted on a standard 35mm mounting rail or a S7-300 rail. All slots are fitted with covers to provide a closed front. Labelling strips are available to identify the ports.
SCALANCE X408-2 has the following software functions:
- The integrated redundancy manager enables quick media redundancy, even for large networks, both for Gigabit Ethernet (SCALANCE X408-2 and SCALANCE X414-3E in a ring) and for Fast Ethernet (SCALANCE X-400 in a ring in combination with SCALANCE X-200/X-200IRT or OSM/ESM).
- The integrated standby function permits redundant coupling of network segments , e.g. coupling of several rings. X408-2 can also be used to establish redundant connections of Gigabit rings via Gigabit lines.
- Remote diagnostics via Web browser, SNMP or TELNET .
- SCALANCE X408-2 can easily be included in the configuration and system diagnostics of STEP7 as PROFINET-IO device. The integrated configuration and diagnostics in SIMATIC STEP7 provides significant benefits with engineering, startup and operation of a plant.
- SCALANCE X408-2 permits the design of so- called virtual networks (VLAN). Here, several "logical" Industrial Ethernet networks can be established on a single physical network (separation of load and address area, access protection and prioritization between subscriber groups).
- Support of the standardized Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) redundancy procedures enable a redundant connection to superordinated enterprise networks.
- Multicast data streams, as they occur with language or video applications, can be identified by the switch and the load limited by means of filtering (IGMP snooping, IGMP querier) .
- The network load can be limited for each port with respect to Multicast and Broadcast.
- The C-PLUG replacement medium on which the configuration data of the SCALANCE X408-2 unit are saved automatically permits a quick replacement of the device in the case of a fault without new configuration. The C-PLUG is included in scope of supply of the X408-2.
For more information on SCALANCE X408-2 Modular Industrial Ethernet Switch , please click here.