In today’s increasingly competitive environment, brand recognition is essential. Overprint labels are an economical way of branding merchandise that may require varying information on the same banding.
What are Overprint Labels?
Overprint labels consist of a standard template/outline, generally including the company logo, with a space allocated for on demand printing of variable information, such as product name, ingredients and nutritional information, barcodes, batch numbers or expiry dates.
Features of Overprinting
Because of its innate immediacy and flexibility, overprinting is especially useful in certain industries and supply circumstances.
Overprinting could suit your needs if:
- You sell perishable products – eg. food industry
- Details can differ from unit to unit – eg. weight, use by date in meat industry
- You need to identify individual units consecutively eg. serial numbers in IT or the appliance industry
- You have differing product styles within the same product line – eg. sizes/colours in the apparel industry, flavours/ingredients in the food industry
- You use the same production line for a number of differing products eg. despatch, logistics
- You often introduce new products to existing product lines, or delete non performers
Overprint Label Printers
To maximise the benefit that overprint labels provide, you will also require a label printer and software. insignia stock a large range of software such as Bartender, as well as thermal transfer label printers and thermal direct label printers to suit any requirement and budget.