The Scanning Platform SP1200 facilitates fast, accurate scanning and single-point measurement of all critical sheet parameters. The system provides a rock-solid foundation for on-line sensors, even while carrying multi-sensor packages at extreme pass angles across the widest sheets.
The Scanning Platform SP1200 is the industry’s strongest and smartest measurement foundation for on-line scanning sensors, integrating on-board intelligence for unparalleled measurement performance.
The Scanning Platform SP1200’s rock-solid design and distributed processing power facilitate fast, accurate measurement of the moving web – even in the harshest mill environments.
Working in conjunction with other ABB offerings, the platform gives papermakers the highest profile resolution and most advanced control in the industry.
The Scanning Platform SP1200 reduces overall system lifecycle costs. Advanced capabilities including smart diagnostics, step-by-step expansion and complete end column access also minimize downtime, startup requirements and installation time.
Part of the Industrial IT Quality Control solution, the Scanning Platform SP1200 can integrate with existing supervisory and distributed control systems.
This integrated and open approach helps you optimize your process while maximizing the return on initial capital investments.
Features of Scanning Platform SP1200:
Built strong for fast, accurate measurement
- Monocoque 10 mm thick box-beam construction for unmatched vertical, horizontal and torsional strength.
- Welded, box-construction end columns provide structural rigidity beyond any scanner in the industry.
- Streak-optimized sensors aligned in the machine-direction within the head package ensure same-point measurement and tight measurement of sheet edges.
- Structure has inherent thermal stability. No liquid cooling required.
- Platform structure is completely stress-relieved prior to alignment to simulate years of on-machine use, ensuring accurate and permanent factory alignment.
- Carriage tracks permanently laser-aligned at the factory to within 50 microns (0.002 inches). This ensures steady, accurate travel of the sensor heads.
- Wide sensor carriage with advanced polymer wheels for a long-lasting, smooth ride across the moving web.
- Optical encoder accurately resolves the sensor head position to within 0.25 mm (0.01 inch).
- Detects and displays streaks as narrow as 0.1 mm.
- Full-sheet, 1200-datapoint profiles for the most detailed product picture ever.
- Designed to perform day after day in the harshest environments