The MBW Micro-Batch Feeder for continuous volumetric feeding of powdery or granular materials consists of a SINT® engineering polymer FLEXFLO body with integrated feeder outlet pipe, a feeder screw and a drive unit.
MBW series Micro-Batch Feeders for powder and granular product feeding are particularly suitable for free flowing and moderately flowing materials which do not tend to pack under pressure.
Fed through a bag opening hopper, a bulk bag discharger, or another feeding device, the FLEXFLO body in SINT® engineering polymer with its particular geometry ensures constant material flow and feeding through the feeder screw.
To further facilitate material flow an additional pneumatic activator can be supplied on request.
Typically the MBW Micro-Batch Feeder is used in plastics processing and animal feed milling, as well as in environmental technology for polyelectrolyte feeding.
Performance & Technical Features - Benefits
- Body in SINT® engineering polymer from a casting process complete with stainless steel end plates
- 3 sizes available; feed rates from 1.5dm3/h to 630dm3/h (0.05 to 22 cfh)
- Internal geometry of the body guarantees free flow
- Wide range of interchangeable feeder tools in SINT® engineering polymer or in stainless steel
- Minimum clearance between screw flight and feeder pipe to ensure high precision feeding.
- Cavity for injection of compressed air to improve self-cleaning of the walls.
- High resistance to abrasion and corrosion
- Excellent price-quality ratio
- Vast range of interchangeable components
- Easy and quick cleaning due to engineering polymer non-stick surface
- Easy and quick maintenance due to small number of components
Options & Accessories
- Units in FDA-approved food-grade SINT® engineering polymer
- ATEX zone 22 certification
- Vertical outlet
- Pneumatic activator (Supplies air through the feeder cavities to ensure free movement of the walls and therefore unimpeded product flow. The air flow can be controlled by a solenoid valve or a pneumatic pulse.)
- Round bag feeding hopper with separately driven vertical agitator tool