The Luxfer Advantage: Scuba Gas Cylinders
- Proprietary 6061 alloy, a balanced aluminum-magnesium-silicon blend exclusive to Luxfer.
- Cycle-tested in excess of 100,000 cycles at service pressure.
- Minimum burst pressure tested to 2.5 times service pressure without failure.
- Manufactured to all recognized international standards.
- Corrosion-resistant interior and exterior — unlike corrosion-prone steel cylinders.
- Nitrox-ready: New Luxfer scuba cylinders are specially prepared at the factory to be suitable for use with oxygen-enriched air mixtures. (It is the responsibility of the cylinder owner to maintain this suitability, including using only Nitrox-compatible components with Luxfer cylinders in oxygen-enriched service.)
- Consistent weight.
- Thick, damage-resistant walls.
- In the U.S., Luxfer offers the world’s only 4350-psi (300-bar) hoop-wrapped composite scuba cylinder.