Self-adhesive laminate comprises the following components, from top to bottom:
- Face - paper-based face material or filmic face material
- Release coating
- A4 papers
- Coated papers
- Uncoated papers
- Vacs and foils
- Wet-strength papers
For office and retail information printing, uncoated papers are often the optimal choice.
Coated paper face materials are highly versatile, whether labelling for economy or upmarket effect.
Eye-catching fluorescents, colour vellum materials, foils and vacs are designed for advertising and decorative purposes.
- A4 films
Filmic face materials typically offer a higher level of durability than papers, including resistance to water, oil and chemicals.
The transparency and conformability vary according to the material, as does the heat resistance.
Films are used to label beverages, personal care products and consumer electronics, for example, as well as for signage.
When choosing a face material, UPM Raflatac labelstock products offer a wide range of features to meet your needs for
- looks (gloss, matt, clear, opaque, textured, holographic or iridescent effect…)
- printing properties (conventional, digital, high resolution and contrast, thermal…)
- conformability (for labelling complex shapes and squeezable packaging) cost-efficiency (for the right balance of economy and performance)
- cost-efficiency (for the right balance of economy and performance)