There is no operator contact with the process fluid. The high quality stainless steel wedge wire (or perforated) element is highly effective in removing contaminant particles as small as 50 micron (µm).
Cleaning is carried out by rotating the element against fixed scraper blades which remove debris from the surface of the element. This in turn is drained from the base of the filter.
The filter is available for either manual or fully automatic electric or pneumatic operation. The range of optional control devices make it particularly suitable for continuous processes and for service with high contamination levels.
Benefits of Self-Cleaning Filters
- No operator contact with liquid during cleaning operation.
- Minimised product loss - during both process production and system cleaning.
- Increased quality output - minimum disruption to product flow.
- Reduced contamination - less possibility of accidents or operator exposure to the fluid.
- Reduced maintenance costs - automated units can eliminate manual cleaning.
- Environment friendly - enclosed design with minimal flushing losses.
Main Features of Self-Cleaning Filters
- Simple efficient cleaning process which minimises disruption to flow
- Minimal amount of liquid loss during cleaning process
- Suitable for practically all liquids including those of high viscosity
- Filtration levels down to 50 micron
- Separate bowl and head secured by Vee clamp allows easy access to element
- Maximum working pressure 14 bar at 100°C
- Maximum working temperature 250°C (dependent on seal material)
- High quality 316 stainless steel wound wedge wire or perforated element
Options of Self-Cleaning Filters
- Filters available in the following materials:
- Head: stainless steel, cast steel, cast iron or SG iron Bowl: stainless steel or mild steel
- Range of automated control devices available.
Note 1: Working pressure is stated at 100°C. To verify suitability of this equipment above this temperature or below 0°C, please contact our help desk.
Note 2: Whilst alternative seal materials e.g. EP, PTFE are available and can be used to offer a wide range of chemical compatibility and working temperatures up to 250°C, it is recommended that such applications are again discussed with our help desk.
Typical applications of Self-Cleaning Filters
- Chemicals Chocolate
- Cooling Lines HVAC Water Inks
- Paints, Stains, Varnishes
- Petrochemicals Printing
- Recycling Water
- River & Sea Water
- Wash Water