It is designed to be used in fire fighting, oil and gas, damage control and other areas where normal respiration is not possible.
The SG-220 comprises a facemask, demand valve, backframe, breathing pneumatics, harness, cylinder & cylinder valve assembly.
Facemask and Demand Valve Assembly:
A SG-220 uses a lightweight and comfortable Facepiece with Air Switch Demand Valve, By-Pass Valve and a Nomex Net Head Harness. The facemask consists of an outer Silicone mask with Silicone reflex edge face seal. The visor is made of a scratch resistant, moulded double curve Polycarbonate, with an anti-mist coating.
The facemask and demand valve are completely submersible for total cleaning and sanitising to the latest OSHA regulations.
The SG-220 pneumatics assembly comprises a reducing pressure valve, hose assembly, low pressure warning whistle and pressure gauge with the following features:
- First stage piston reducer valve.
- Pre-set to supply reduced pressure of 6.5 to 8.0 bar.
- Automatic pressure relief valve to relieve pressure by 10 to 15 bar.
- High pressure Hose, ETFE Reinforced stainless steel, braided with a working pressure of 300 bar.
- Medium pressure Hose in Flame Retardant EPDM Material, textile braided with a working pressure of 28 bar.
- Pressure gauge, waterproof with a luminescent scale, rubber shroud and able to rotate 360°
- Low pressure warning whistle operates at 55 bar with a continuous tone above 90 dba and swivels to 360º
Backframe and Harness Assembly:
The SG-220 comes with a fire retardant Backframe Assembly. It is wear resistant, lightweight and ergonomically designed to evenly distribute the weight.
The harness set consists of padded shoulder straps, a full comfort back pad and adjustable cylinder strap.
Kevlar webbing is used in the harness, while the shoulder straps and backpad are covered in Nomex.