SEPCOM® is a machine composed by a feed device (feeding hopper or a compensator tank depending on whether the material is conveyed mechanically or pumped), a separator casing including a screw conveyor and a cylindrical screen, a compacted solid material outlet module and one or two separated liquid outlets. The drive unit and the basement complete the machine.
Function of SEPCOM® Solids-Liquid Separator
Using both principles of separation, by gravity and by mechanical pressing, the machine is designed to separate the liquid phase from the solid phase in a wide range of substances such as sludge, sewage, manure, solids-liquid mixtures, vegetables, processing waste and others, where the percentage of liquid inside the solid may be considerably different.
The separated solid and liquid phases can be handled in an easier and cheaper way. In some sectors this can even become a source of income.
How it Works
The machine receives the material to be separated and conveys it using the screw conveyor inside the separator casing. The liquid phase is separated through the mesh of the cylindrical screen which encloses the screw conveyor. Along its path toward the exit, the material gradually separates progressively the less linked liquid and then the more strongly linked liquid until a plug of almost dry material has formed before the outlet. The plug is continuously expelled through the outlet diaphragm.
The machine will automatically find its balance of squeezing force depending on the material. Consequently, it can be used for a wide range of materials without the need for any manual adjustments.
Performance & Technical Features - Benefits of SEPCOM® Solids-Liquid Separator
- Compliant with a wide range of materials in different throughput rates
- Optimized feeding thanks to compensator tank
- Outlet diaphragm for solids manufactured from anti-wear engineering polymer: cost saving in spare parts
- Self-balanced pressure at the solids outlet: steady and safe operation
- Self-cleaning screen: long life and high performance operation in time
- Modular screw manufactured in anti-wear engineering polymer: simple operation and cost saving in spare parts
- Continuous operation
- Quick return on investment
Options & Accessories for SEPCOM® Solids-Liquid Separator
- The inlet compensator tank for pumpable materials is a mandatory accessory and essential for an optimum operation of the machine.
- A lump breaker can be provided for materials such as vegetable waste which need to be reduced in small fractions to be better pressed by the machine.
- An electric panel with manual operation can be provided on request.
- Option of a complete system including: a fabricated structure to place the machine in an elevated position, a pre-loading tank including pump, level indicators and control panel.
For more information or a quote please call or us ethe IndustrySearch email for a direct reply from our team of experts.