These easy-to-use, flange-mounted brakes solve many of the problems associated with brakemotors.
The servo brakes are available in a variety of input and output flange/shaft combinations and have many features to increase the safety of your machines. They meet IP67 and contain no asbestos.
- Power-off (spring set) brake for confidence in a power-loss situation.
- High torque — able to stall servo motor. No more burning up brakes by overrunning brake with the motor.
- Holds loads while removing or exchanging servo motor during downtime or even weekends.
- Mix-and-match flanges match output flange of servo motor or pick the output you need.
- Universal design allows one model to mate with many motors of the same frame size without custom building.
- Reduces servo inventory and costs per machine up to 50%— no need to carry inventory of motors and brake motors of the same frame size.
- Easy detachment method: Unique integral coupling design allows servo to be detached from brake without jogging motor shaft into position for coupling screw alignment. No other servo brake can do this.
- Brake LED indicates brake status, simplifying system startup and debugging.
- Mechanical release feature included for use in emergency situations and to move loads without energizing the system.
- Zero backlash.
- High torsional stiffness won’t introduce variability into encoder feedback loop.
- Low inertia for the torque provided.
- Designed to meet IP67 and NEMA washdown standards for use in dirty, wet environments.
- Available in C-flange outputs for easy adaptation/mating of servo motor to non-precision gearbox.
- Eclipse servo motor brakes are readily available — no need to order a "custom" brake motor or brake motor substitute, order a standard motor and attach a stocked brake module.
- Pneumatic models add virtually no heat to the motor/gearbox, providing cooler operation and longer life.
- High RPM operation — engineered and balanced for servo applications.