SHEEN MACHINE DESCRIPTION:
C.I.Agent® Sheen Machine is a self-contained system ideal for capturing hydrocarbon sheen in remote areas with limited access such as creeks, streams, and outfalls; in rough terrain, no need to cut access roads.
Two 12” containment booms guide the sheen to the mouth of the C.I.Agent® Sheen Machine. The Collector directs the flow of water with the hydrocarbon sheen into the Collection Bag where the sheen is captured as the water flows through. The system can be reused until the Collection Bag ceases to flow. The spent Collection Bag can be disposed of as non-hazardous waste since the hydrocarbons cannot leach out. A new Collection Bag can then be easily attached.
SHEEN MACHINE SPECIFICATIONS:
- Collector measures 24” wide by12” high by 16” long, weighs 34 lbs., and is made of marine grade aluminum.
- Handles on the Collector makes it easy to maneuver.
- Six, eight-inch diameter floats support the Collector and Bag.
- Two yellow 10 ft. long by 12” high oil containment booms attach to the aluminum Collector by universal slide connectors.
- Nylon straps connect the Collector to the Collection Bag.
- Collection Bag measures 24” wide by 12” high by 60” long, weighs 23 lbs., and is constructed of black polyvinyl with C.I.Agent® Agent-X panels on the bottom and back.
- The Collection Bag contains one 6 ft. C.I.Agent® Quick Deployment Boom and four C.I.Agent® 12” x 12” Marine Pillows to encapsulate the hydrocarbon sheen.
SHEEN MACHINE BENEFITS:
- Captures and removes hydrocarbon sheen from water without processing any of the water.
- Portable and easily hand-carried to any spill site.
- System rolls up and is secured with nylon straps for convenient storage in response vehicles.
- Self-contained and requires no support equipment.
- Can be towed behind a vessel in lakes and harbors to quickly restore marine traffic faster after a spill.
- Collection Bag is reusable until the flow is restricted.
- Replacement Collection Bags are available.