Shibaura Tractors | SX21 - SX24
With modern sleek styling, flat operator platform and class leading operating and safety features as standard. The Japanese designed and manufactured tractor is quality and performance all round. A pleasure to own and operate.
Features Of The Shibaura SX21 - SX24
- Powered by high performance 3 cylinder, water cooled, Shibaura diesel engine.
- Low noise and low vibration.
- High fuel efficiency and low emission - the engines meet the Tier II emission standards for the stringent USA and European market.
- Exhaust muffler is located under bonnet for quiet and unobstructed view for driver.
- Fuel tank capacity is a generous 29.5 litres.
Transmission, Driveline, Braking & Steering
- Two range Hydrostatic transmission with two pedal control.
- Maximum speed 16.1 km/h forward (10.9 in reverse).
- Wet rear disc brakes provides excellent stopping power.
- Optional cruise control is available; ideal for mowing large open spaces.
- Hydrostatic power steering.
- High steering angle for agility with a minimum turning radius of 2.3 metres.
- Tractor is standard with turf or bar tyres.
PTO, 3-Point Linkage & Hydraulics
- Rear category 1 3-point linkage is standard equipment. The lift capacity of this heavy duty linkage is 318 kg at 610mm rear of the ball ends.
- Ideal for a wide range of implements such as rotary hoes, slashers, mulchers and spreaders.
- Standard with a clevis towing hitch.
- Hydraulic pump capacity is 14.2 litres per minute. Optional double-acting hydraulic remote is available.
- Mid and Rear PTO is standard equipment. The Mid PTO operates at 2200 rpm and the Rear PTO operates at 540 rpm.
- The 3-position PTO control (Yellow Lever) allows the engagement of either the rear, mid or both PTOs simultaneously.
- Orange Lever: Selects the Hi-Lo Hydrostatic Range.
- Black Lever: Is mower deck height adjustment.
- Yellow lever: PTO engagement is by an independent wet disc clutch with safety interlocks to prevent accidental tractor starting with the PTO engaged.
- Black Lever: Rear Linkage raise-lower control with and additional raise-lower speed control knob (lower Black).
- Black handle: is the 2WD - 4WD selection.
- Lever style handbrake is standard equipment.
- Linkage and PTO combination is ideal for a wide range of grounds-care and small-farm application.
Operator Station - Safety and Ergonomics
- The general station layout is ergonomical with PTO, deck, linkage and transmission levers in easy rach of the operator on the left and right sides of the seat.
- Forward/Reverse and speed selection for the hydrostatic transmission is through two foot pedals.
- For operator comfort, adjustable seat suspension is standard equipment. The suspension has height, spring tension and slide adjustments.
- The seat is fitted with a retractable seat belt which is a safety requirement with any ROPS tractor.
- The optional delux high-back seat is shown and is also more generously padded.
- The operators platform is suspended on silent blocks for a quiet and low vibration work station.
- The flat and unobstructed floor, provides easy operator access from either side, without the clutter of levers and pedals as trip hazards.
- For improved roll-over protection, the tractor is fitted with a foldable ROPS (Roll-Over Protective Structure). This ROPS meets the stringent European safety standards; with its forward reaching frame, it provides the maximum protected operator space as compared to the conventional straight-frame ROPS.
- A Folded ROPS allows for safer mowing under trees as a taller fixed ROPS may hit and break off low branches, potentially falling onto the operator.
- The flip-up bonnet conveniently provide access to essential maintenance items. The radiator has a slide-out screen that is easily cleaned and prevents radiator clogging from grass debris.
- The engine air filter is a 4 inch dual element filter that is easily accessible with the bonnet up.
- With the side panels easily removed, full access is available to all workshop service items such as fuel, oil and hydraulic filters.
Key Safety Features
- European standard forward-reaching ROPS (Roll-Over Protective Structure).
- Foldable ROPS for safer under-tree mowing.
- Seat belt.
- Flat floor free of trip hazards.
- PTO interlocks to prevent accidental starting with PTO engaged.
- Conventional lever handbrake.
- Australian standard road lights including indicators, brakes and reflectors.
- Large rear-view mirror.